Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tao Te Ching 13

 Tao Te Ching 13

Success is as dangerous as failure, and we are often our own worst enemy.

What does it mean that success is as dangerous as failure?

He who is superior is also someone's subordinate.

Receiving favour and losing it both cause alarm.

That is what is meant by success is as dangerous as failure.

What does it mean that we are often our own worst enemy?

The reason I have an enemy is because I have "self".

If I no longer had a "self", I would no longer have an enemy.

Love the whole world as if it were your self; then you will truly care for all things.

Lao Tzu


In some ways I agree with this.  But I know that it is impossible to truly love if you don't know what love is.  One must learn what love is and then fill themselves with love so it can spill out into the world.

Much love,

Mother Tory

No comments:

Post a Comment